There has never been a better time to visit our nation’s capital and I’ll tell you why.
1. With autumn temperatures in the low 70’s and rain showers few and far between you won’t have to sweat, bundle up or pack an umbrella. Plus, this time of year the fall foliage is absolutely gorgeous.
2. We’re in the midst of shoulder season making hotel prices nice and low. Make sure you negotiate a great rate. Start by using coupons like these.
3. Congress isn’t in session and if you haven’t heard there’s an election coming up. All of the candidates are out fighting for our votes on the campaign trail. This means they’re not in D.C. so the city is all yours.
4. What better time to teach your children about the government and their civic duty and what better place to do it than our capital? There’s no avoiding this election. Embrace the opportunity to teach your little ones there’s more to the political process than slander and mud slinging.
5. D.C. is awesome! There’s not another city in the country with more museums per square mile making this an amazing city to visit autumn or not.