There’s nothing better than a day at the beach. Luckily, the best beaches of Florida have great weather most of the year! If you’re thinking of packing your beach bag for an upcoming trip, be sure to select a beach that provides all the things you love. Our list of top 10 beaches in Florida includes something for everyone, from sun bathers to sea shellers and sand volleyball players.
10 Best Beaches in Florida
1. Clearwater Beach – Less than an hour drive away from Tampa will take you to the glory of Clearwater Beach. Perfect for locals, this beach isn’t too intimidating crowd-wise compared to other beaches in Florida. It also happens to be one of the most attractive beaches in the Central Florida area with – you guessed it – crystal clear water.
2. Sanibel & Captiva Islands – If you love to collect sea shells, Sanibel Island and nearby Captiva island are calling your name. These beaches offer the best selection of shells in Florida. Located on the Gulf Coast near Fort Myers, Sanibel and Captiva are definitely worth a trip!
3. Navarre Beach – Located on Florida’s Emerald Coast near Pensacola, Navarre Beach is ideal for those traveling from northern states. This Northwest wonder has quite a few surprises up its sleeve, including perfectly pristine white-sand beaches. If you’re interested in a calmer day at the beach, you’ll love Navarre Beach.
4. West Palm Beach – If you’re anxious to visit South Florida but want to avoid the crowds of Miami, we think you’ll love West Palm Beach. Bordering a booming city with great eateries and shops, West Palm Beach gives you the beautiful water with the “local” feel. West Palm Beache is the beach we visit when we don’t want to feel like tourists.
5. St. Augustine Beach – St. Augustine is one of our favorite cities in Florida. In addition to the rich history and exceptional eateries, the nearby coast offers beautiful sandy beaches. Stay along the public beach for the feel of a fun beach town, or visit Anastasia Island State Park for a relaxing day on the Atlantic.
6. Siesta Key Located in Sarasota, Siesta Key is popular for having some of the whitest sand in the world. Siesta Key is a popular destination for honeymooners, retirees and those looking for a luxurious beach experience.
7. Cocoa Beach – Spring breakers love Cocoa Beach and for good reason; the beach is just a short drive away from Orlando theme park attractions. This is also among Florida’s best beaches for surfing. At Cocoa, you’ll also be incredibly close to the Space Coast.
8. Key Largo – One of the magnificent Florida Keys, Key Largo is an ideal beach destination for travelers looking to snorkel, kayak, sail and more. Key Largo is the northernmost Florida Key, making it the most convenient to visit.
9. Panama City Beach – This popular spring break destination in Florida’s panhandle is fun for all ages the rest of the year. Panama City Beach is full of attractions, great weather and fantastic beaches. If you’re looking for adventure and non-stop fun, Panama City Beach is for you.
10. South Beach – Known as one of the most popular beaches in Florida, if you’re looking for food, crowds, parties and shopping, South Beach is the place to go. Everything about this beach scene screams “glamorous”. South Beach in Miami also happens to be one of the most attractive beaches in the entire state.
Have you ever visited any beaches in Florida? Which one is your favorite?